Friday, January 05, 2007

happy holidays

Hey folks, I'm back in NZ. Hope everyone had a great holiday! It was funny when I told my friends that I was "on holiday"...The kiwi/brit-isms are already taking over my mind!

Anyways, here's a recap of some things that happened last year before I went "on holiday":

Saw our co-worker Merlin (animator) perform in a funk band at Cabaret in Wellington. It was free admission and his band was totally rockin'! Here's a little video of Merlin's sweet solo performance.

Also, I saw a game of cricket for the first time. It was pretty cold as the "Southerlies" (winds from the Antarctic South) were blowing and eventually the game got rained out. It was pretty fun though because when they put the game on hold (to see if the rain would stop), they played fun songs having to do with rain (Why Does it Always Rain On Me - Travis, Who'll Stop the Rain - CCR, Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head - oldie?, Have You Ever Seen the Rain - CCR...). Here's a couple pics from the game:


Sri Lanka is in the blue there, and the New Zealand Black Caps were losing when the game got rained out, so they lost. Buggah!

And finally, here's a pic of the stunning sunrise during my flight in to New Zealand this morning somewhere over the South Pacific Ocean:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home