Friday, November 10, 2006

still alive

Hey dudes and dudettes. I still have not acquired an internet connection outside of work and I'm not allowed to plug my laptop in here at work, so I'll just talk (type) for now (patience for pictures...).

Things are cool... I just bought a vodafone simcard down here for $35 nzd at lunch and I'm having my phone unlocked at a taiwanese store at the moment (fun just like LA!). Once that's done I'll pick it up and put in my card and be able to call any number for only 89 cents per minute (jay-sus). Phones are expensive down here so I'm glad I brought my trusty old sony ericsson.

Last night I had dinner with some cool Weta folk. I met them through Andre (a brasilian lighter) who started on the same day as me. They had all worked at Animalogic in Australia on "Happy Feet" before they flew next door to work here. We ate at a nice Italian restaurant called "Nicolini's" on Courteney Place (a happenin' street in downtown). The waitress recommended the salmon rizzoto and it was fantastic. I forgot to take a picture of it, but hey, I never said this would be a "food blog" ;P.

Okay back to work for now =)

1 Comments:

At 2:39 PM, Blogger Kim said...

wow, it sounds like you're having lots of fun already!

thanks for letting me in on your nz adventures. =D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home